Graviola, Brazilian paw paw or soursop fruit is a native of South America which is now in the limelight for its purported effects against cancer. The indigenous people of the Amazon regard the graviola tree as the miracle tree’ probably in reference to its health benefits. The tree that bears graviola fruit grows to a height of six meters and other parts like the bark, seeds, flowers and leaves are also used for various purposes. The fruit is most popular and has the following benefits to the user:
- The fruit improves blood circulation and boosts metabolism, the two important aspects of a healthy cardiovascular system. It also prevents nerve damage even as people grow older meaning that they will remain physically stronger despite advanced years if they regularly eat the graviola fruit.
- Soursop fruit treats gout by lowering uric acid in the body. It is also has strong anti-bacterial and antiviral properties which make it a good natural way of fighting infections.
- The high fiber content of graviola fruit creates a filling effect and encourages regular bowel movements. Constipation and hemorrhoids are not a common problem for people who make a habit of eating the sweet soursop fruits.
- The most attractive benefit of graviola fruit is probably its ability to fight off cancer. Credible studies revealed that several of the fruit’s active ingredients kill malignant cells in ovarian, breast, liver, lung, prostrate and colon cancers. Even better is that like some cancer drugs it selectively targets sick cells but without harming the healthy cells around it. There are many reports that compounds in graviola fruit kill pancreatic cancer cells by inhibiting signaling pathways to reduce the speed at which cancer cells multiply.
- The fruit is also known to stimulate serotonin receptors which help to uplift people’s mood. This makes it a great fruit to eat when you are feeling down and dull. It is a major ingredient in anti-depressants.
- Graviola fruit also helps nursing mothers to produce more milk for their toddlers’ nourishment.
There is a huge demand for this amazing fruit but unfortunately it doesn’t grow everywhere so getting it fresh is nearly impossible. Thankfully it is still possible to eke benefits of the soursop fruit through specially prepared supplements. These are powders, pills or capsules that one can use for the health benefits of graviola fruit. While the natural supplements do not pose side effects, people need to be careful before buying any. Many traders trick people into buying supplements that could harm them owing to additives and fillers which have little, temporary value.
To make sure you get the right graviola fruit supplements buy them from the manufacturer’s official website or authorized dealers, This will ensure that you get a pure product every time to benefit from its amazing anti parasitic, energy boosting and anti-cancerous properties. If you are interested in graviola fruit supplements but have some reservations, it is best that you consult your doctor who even can recommend the best supplement. Take the suggested dose to avoid nasty side effects that might ruin your attempts to remain healthy for longer.